Kodiak Guide Service Booking Form for a Mountain goat hunt with Alaska hunting guide Michael Horstman
*Don’t forget to choose hunting dates and a “Mountain goat hunt”- option in the option field!!!
General information about Mountain goat
Mountain goats occupy remote habitat and are therefore the least studied large mammal in North America. The mountain goat’s range is restricted to the steep and broken mountain ranges of northwestern North America, from the northern Cascade and Rocky mountains to Southcentral Alaska. Mountain goats have also been introduced to non-native range on Kodiak and Baranof Islands where populations have expanded, on Chichagof Island where the transplant apparently failed, and most recently on Revillagigedo Island where goats are now firmly established. Their preference for high altitude cliffs along with their magnificent white coats, make them one of the most challenging and satisfying game animals in Kodiak.
Mountain goat Hunt with a Alaska Master Guide Mike Horstman
Although mountain goat hunt can be physically demanding, your chances of harvest are very high. Alaska hunting guide Mike Horstman is committed to putting in the necessary time and energy. Over the years Kodiak Guide Service averages 100% SUCCESS and 100% EFFORT for our snow goat hunts. This is a tough hunt involving considerable climbing, so hunters must be in excellent shape and willing to pack a reasonable amount of gear. Mountain goat hunts are committed from spike camps. Camps are accessed by boat or charter plane. Kodiak guide service spike camps are used to access to the more remote edges of guided areas. Upon harvest, hunters return to the main lodge where accommodations include comfortable guest cabins.
Contact Alaska hunting guide Mike Horstman for details.
We will contact you as soon as possible. No inquiry will go unanswered if you provide us with your contact information. Please understand that we might be out on a hunt and it may take time to respond.
Mountain goat hunt overview
7 DAYS OF HUNTING ON KODIAK.
YOUR HUNT WILL INCLUDE TRANSPORTATION FROM KODIAK AIRPORTS TO AND FROM THE CAMP. ALL LODGING, MEALS, GUIDES, MEAT AND TROPHY CARE TO THE AIRPORT. FIREARMS, BACKPACKS AND SLEEPING BAGS CAN ALSO BE PROVIDED.
NOT INCLUDED: HUNTING LICENSE AND TAG FEES, COST OF NON-HUNTING COMPANION, FLIGHT TO AND FROM KODIAK ISLAND
The current price for mountain goat hunt : $10000.00
Recommended Gear List
– Quality binoculars- You’ll look through these all day!! 8X32 or 10X42 recommended !
– Spotting scope w/tripod (optional) !
– Rangefinder if desired!
– Rifle of appropriate caliber with at least one box of ammo!
– Quality sleeping bag rated to at least 10°F (synthetic recommended)!
– Sleeping pad!
– Bivy sack (recommended for Sheep hunters, optional for Moose/Bear hunters)!
– Quality backpack; external frame or large internal frame for Sheep hunters, internal frame or daypack OK for Moose/Bear hunters!
– Trekking pole and/or shooting stick (optional, recommended for Sheep hunters)!
– Lighter, matches, knife, water bottle Nalgene or equivalent (two for Sheep hunters)!
– Headlamp and/or flashlight!
– License, tags, harvest tickets, and photo ID (archery certification card if appropriate)!!
– 4-6 pair wool or synthetic socks!
– One or two sets of wool or synthetic long underwear (top & bottom)!
– Two long sleeve top layers (synthetic shirts/light jacket)!
– One mid weight layering jacket!
– One synthetic or down insulated jacket or vest !
– Wind resistant top & bottom!
– High quality rain gear top & bottom-Don’t skimp on these!! I recommend bringing Helly Hansen rubber rain gear to go over any Gore-Tex style rain gear!
– Wool or synthetic winter hat!
– Waterproof gloves!
– High quality hiking boots w/gators; especially important for Sheep hunters! Please break in your footwear (use for at least a month) before your hunt! !
– Ankle fit hip boots or Simms Gore Tex wader pants with Simms wading boots for ! Moose & Bear hunters (Simms wader pants recommended)!
– Toothbrush, sunscreen, required medications, etc.!
– Camera, book!
– Alcohol/tobacco if desired!
– Cashiers checks or cash as required for trophy fees and your guides gratuity!
– Positive attitude and desire for success!
State of Alaska License & Tag Fee
License and tag fees are in addition to the cost of the hunt and fees are paid directly to the State of Alaska prior to arrival. Licenses and tags are purchased online at www.adfg.alaska.gov and shipped to hunters at their home address. Please note that a Big Game Locking Tag can be used on a species of equal or lesser value, e.g. a Brown/Grizzly tag can be used on a Moose but not visa versa. In many cases, a free harvest ticket will also be required to accompany your locking tags, I will aid you in selecting the correct tags and harvest tickets for your hunt.
The tag fee for the mountain goat is $600.00
Hunt contract for mountain goat
Alaska State law (AS 08.54.680 and 12 ACC 75.260) requires a big game Registered Guide-Outfitter to provide a written contract to document services being provided and items for which the client is responsible. A contract shall be delivered to the client within 90 days after receipt of deposit, or before services are provided, whichever is earlier.
Client may only sign contract if the following statement is true. “..My right to obtain or exercise the privileges granted by, a sport fishing, hunting, or trapping license is not suspended or revoked in another state or province.”
Delay of client arriving in the field on schedule or departure of client from field before the contract hunt ends will not result in a refund. All deposits and hunt payments are non refundable. All hunt dates are final unless other arrangements are made with the Registered Guide-Outfitter. Harvest of an animal terminates the hunt and a wounded animal is considered a harvest. The purchase of trip insurance is suggested.
When contacting Kodiak Guide Service please be patient. Most of Kodiak is remote and our access to cell and email service can be very limited. Michael Horstman is happy to answer questions regarding Kodiak Guide Services offers and hunts. Be assured Kodiak Guide Service will respond to your emails and messages. Response time may vary from immediate to a couple hours, few days on up to a week in the event we are in remote camp with no service at all.
Kodiak Guide Service
P.O. BOX 8286 Kodiak, AK 99615
E-MAIL: MIKE@KODIAKGUIDESERVICE.COM or NEVACOVE@YAHOO.COM